It is urban?
Yes, it is about 3km from Dublin City Centre
Why is it novel?
It is virtually unmanaged because of the steepness of the slope making it inaccessible over most of its surface; it contains a mixture of native and non-native species, including escaped food plants (e.g. asparagus, apple); it sustains itself with little impact on the surroundings, and it is considered to be high in biodiversity.
- What percentage of this ecosystem contains native/non-native species?
- Why does this matter, if at all?
- Is there anything unusual/invasive there?
- What are the biodiversity values of this ecosystem?
- How old is it and does age matter?
- Does it supply ecosystem services, and if so what are they?
- What does it mean for the residents who live nearby?
ℹ️ This QR code is for print use only, linking the project details page on signs and posters. Use mobile phone to scan.